First-round voting is now open in the 2017 Grooveyard Great 88.
In this round, listeners can vote for their favorite songs from specific years. The first-round polls will be open for two weeks each, closing each week at the end of “The Grooveyard” on WCWP each Saturday at 10 PM. Vote daily, and come back each week to check out results and vote in a new survey.
Here’s the full schedule:
- 1955: VOTE NOW! (Voting extended to September 30)
- 1963: VOTE NOW! (Voting extended to October 7)
- 1958: Opens September 23, closes October 7
- 1962: Opens September 30, closes October 14
- 1960: Opens October 7, closes October 21
- 1956: Opens October 14, closes October 28
- 1961: Opens October 21, closes November 4
- 1957: Opens October 28, closes November 11
- 1959: Opens November 4, closes November 18
NOTE: The live program scheduled for September 16 has been cancelled due to a minor injury to Alan Seltzer. (He’ll be back on the air September 23.) As a result, voting for the 1955 and 1963 surveys were each extended by one week.
Updates are available each Saturday on “The Grooveyard” or by following us on Twitter. Results from the year-by-year surveys will be posted in this section of the website.
Be sure to listen to “The Grooveyard” with Alan Seltzer each Saturday night at 7 PM on WCWP-FM for updates and more of your favorites. You can hear the show on 88.1 FM on Long Island, by clicking the 88.1 FM link on wcwp.org, or with the TuneIn application.